PREPARATION IS THE KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL PHOTOSHOOTING...
STEP 1: THINGS TO CONSIDER
1- Determine Budget.
2- Determine Tentative dates.
3- Determine Wish-list of the selected areas or themes.
Exterior: Hotel Façade (day and dusk shots), Entrance, Signage or Hotel emblem.
Public Areas: Front Desk, Lobby, Restaurant(s), Bar(s), Meeting Room(s), Fitness Center, Spa, Pool(s).
Guest Rooms: Categories of Rooms, Catgories of Suites, Bathroom, Room with view, Balcony or Terrace.
F&B shots: Chef's Signature Dishes, Cocktails.
Events & Celebrations: Set up in areas such as ballrooms, restaurants, etc.
Profile shots: General Manager, Executive Chef, Chefs, Director of Marketing & Communication, Director of Sales, Director of F&B.
Lifestyle shots: Hoteliers Gestures, Guest activities.
Destination: Hotel Surrounding Areas, Local Attractions.
4- Choose a professional photographer ideally specialized in Luxury Hotel Photography.
STEP 2: PREPARATION BEFORE A PHOTSHOOTING
All Head of Departments should be acquainted with the project and taken on board. If there is a brand photography guidelines, please read it carefully.
To prepare areas to be shot, you will have to take care of each detail:
- Areas should be inspected to confirm everything is working properly (i.e. lights and bulbs should be checked).
- Areas should be cleaned and tidy.
- Guest traffic should be minimal.
- For a room, bed linen should be ironed, pillows should be fluffed, curtains should be ironed, windows should be perfectly cleaned.
- Collateral and advertising materials should be removed.
- Furnitures should be arranged neatly, aligned and cleaned.
- Televisions and equipment displays should be turned off.
- Areas should be set as per brand standards.
- Props or items should be added if necessary.
- For exterior, cars should be removed, grass should be cut.